Blog Compass Lite 2.0 - personal blog About Me Album Bookmarks

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Handbook for Bloggers published

BBC NEWS | Technology | Blog censorship handbook released

Click to downloadBeing a blogger myself, instead of being overwhelmed by enthusiasm to maintain a neat and newsy journal, I become more aware of credibility of its content and who my audience will be.

Several months before I have published a quoted article from SCMP about the potential of future employers trying to search your background in google before hiring you. That alarmed me to a great extent and I have stopped writing for a period of time. In fact your blog may influence you in a lot of ways as it tells your thoughts, your opinions towards certain affairs, your writing skills as well as some of you personal particulars and interests. So deep down inside, writing a blog may bring unexpected consequences, which may or may not be good.

The Reporters Without Borders has published a handbook featuring how to start a blog, how to publicize it and how to maintain its credibility. I think it may worth your time reading it. Lets brush up our skills and nourish the web with high quality materials.