Blog Compass Lite 2.0 - personal blog About Me Album Bookmarks

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Headset Hack

Logitech Precision PC Gaming Headset.

What a pity… Last year I have bought this one for watching movie and online conferencing. It was a good one as you can’t feel any pain after wearing it for two hours.

Not until last night did I realize that it was behaving weird. During a movie all the background sound is there but the speech of the main character is missing. I began to suspect there were some broken wires within. Instead of declaring it certified I decided to dissect it first and try to locate the problem. (Just as my daily job of debugging software, it is hardware this time). 

 

000_0025  000_0024

You can click the above to see them closer in my flickr album. I was able to locate a nearly broken golden wire (I am not sure if it is the cause of problem). Unfortunately I don’t think I can fix it. Kinda fed up with the peripherals getting out of order one by one recently, yet again, it’s time for another replacement.