Blog Compass Lite 2.0 - personal blog About Me Album Bookmarks

Friday, October 29, 2004

E-Commerce: Reflecting on the first 10 years

E-Commerce: Reflecting on the first 10 years

A bit relieved to hear a number of big guys' opinions that E-commerce has just started. To me that means plenty of opportunities ahead. It seems that there are so much that can be done in the future, but that's also the only thing that I can do in the future... Ridiculous? I am always pondering where IT will be going, and where I will be going, whether or not I can seize a chance and achieve something remarkable.
Mobile devices and electronic retail business is bound to be popular, maybe even in the near future. What I am pursuing, is the aggregation of information and tailor it for different individuals. This helps people to increase their throughput by using IT, instead of getting drowned in the sea of rubbish data. Data security will also be a key issue. In US, security practitioners are having the highest salary boost, and Hong Kong will not be far behind that.
Immersed in an IT environment / career, everybody can see something, yet how many of them can really free oneself from destiny?