Blog Compass Lite 2.0 - personal blog About Me Album Bookmarks

Friday, November 12, 2004

Project Management

Once I have attended a course about project management during undergraduate studies, for which the lecturer was a project manager of HK Jockey Club. The most inspiring concept he has conveyed was "I treat everything in my life as projects".
Managing a project needs clarifying the objectives, feasibility anaylsis, risk assessment and mitigation, time and cost control, testing and evaluation.... So much sophistication if one has to manage everything this way! Ironically I am adopting this approach, with a simplified procedure.
Time is so tight and I must have the best utilization. Outlook and PocketPC do help me a lot in scheduling. Yet the crux is simply "No Procrastination"! I was so stupid as I should have realized that long ago. Maybe I can still have room for more rest and exercise? I am still working things out...